Template:Year nav topic2
The year 1917 in film involved some significant events.
Top grossing films (U.S.)Edit
Films released in 1917Edit
- The Man Without a Country, starring Florence La Badie
- The Adventurer, a Charlie Chaplin short.
- The Bad Boy, starring Robert Harron, Mildred Harris and Colleen Moore
- Big Timber
- Bucking Broadway, directed by John Ford.
- The Butcher Boy, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle / Buster Keaton short (Keaton's film debut).
- Camille, starring Theda Bara
- Cleopatra, starring Theda Bara
- Coney Island, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle / Buster Keaton short.
- The Cure, a Charlie Chaplin short.
- The Dying Swan, a Russian film aka Umirayushchii Lebed
- Easy Street, starring Charlie Chaplin
- El Apóstol, animated by Quirino Cristiani
- Great Expectations, starring Jack Pickford
- The Gulf Between
- His Wedding Night, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle / Buster Keaton short.
- Her Right to Live, starring Peggy Hyland, Antonio Moreno, Mae Costello and John S. Robertson, directed by Paul Scardon
- The Immigrant, starring Charlie Chaplin
- Joan the Woman, starring Geraldine Farrar; directed by Cecil B. DeMille
- The Little American, starring Mary Pickford; directed by Cecil B. DeMille.
- A Little Princess, starring Mary Pickford, Norman Kerry and ZaSu Pitts, directed by Marshall Neilan.
- Oh Doctor!, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle / Buster Keaton short.
- The Poor Little Rich Girl, starring Mary Pickford.
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
- A Reckless Romeo, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle short.
- The Rough House, a 'Fatty' Arbuckle / Buster Keaton short.
- Straight Shooting, directed by John Ford.
- Teddy at the Throttle, a Keystone comedy with Gloria Swanson.
- Terje Vigen
- Tom Sawyer, starring Jack Pickford
- The Tornado, directed by John Ford (his debut)
- The Wild Girl, starring Eva Tanguay and Thomas J. Moore
Short film seriesEdit
- ↑ Films of the Golden Age
- ↑ First National filmography